4 Tips For Holiday Hair Care
Three things we love here at Fanola are sun, sea and sangria. But those things can lead to dry, damaged holiday hair, making you feel less like a bronzed goddess and more like you have been stuck in the Sahara Desert for too long.
UV exposure, chlorine, saltwater, and humidity can all leave you with nightmare holiday locks. However, not to fear, as Fanola is here to give you an easy guide on how to look after your hair on holiday.
View this post on Instagram
Food and drink
We are all partial to one too many cocktails while watching the sun go down on holiday. Even though we know they could follow with a hangover in the morning. However, it is not just the hangover we have to worry about. Excessive consumption of alcohol causes dehydration which in turn leads to dry holiday hair. Dry, brittle hair follicles are more likely to fall out.
Here are some tips to help to prevent dehydration on holiday
- Water is the answer. Make sure you consume lots of water before and after a night out. It is recommended to drink a glass of water in between every alcoholic drink you have.
- Never drink on an empty stomach. Be sure to fill up on carbohydrates before a night of drinking.
- Limit yourself to one drink per hour which gives the body time to metabolise the alcohol.
- Know your limit!
When you wake up hungover the only food you want is greasy, unhealthy food and a can of your favourite fizzy drink. But this type of food does not replenish your body of the key vitamins and nutrients it has lost. So rather than choosing the burger and chips try some of our suggestions instead.
Healthy food & drink alternatives
- Go for a breakfast that is high in protein like, poached eggs and turkey bacon to combat dry, brittle, holiday hair.
- Raw juices are an excellent way to get Vitamin C back into your body. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and aids the absorption of iron. Kiwi, guava, strawberries, and cucumber are all good sources of vitamin C.
- Omega – 3 fatty acids provide the oils that keep your hair and scalp hydrated, so these are key after consuming alcohol. You can find these fatty acids in oily fish and avocado.
View this post on Instagram
You wouldn’t sunbathe without using a suitable SPF protection on your skin, so why should it be any different for your hair? Harmful UV rays can affect the hair protein leading to breakages and dull-looking hair. They can even alter the colour of your tresses. Which is why it is essential to use some form of protection for your holiday hair. Whether that be a hair mask, spray, or oil.
Our two must-haves for looking after you hair while on holiday are our Oro Therapy Sun Protection Oil and Nutricare Nutri – One 10 Actions Restructuring Spray Mask.
Nutricare Nutri-One 10 Actions 200ml£18.90 (INC VAT)Nutricare Nutri-One 10 Actions Restructuring Spray Mask 10 Actions Leave-In is great for all hair types. With Argan Oil, Linseed Oil and Milk Proteins, this spray is ideal for dry and frizzy hair and performs 10 restructuring actions:
- Restructures instantly
- Hydrates effectively
- Makes hair soft and silky
- Deep nourishment
- Eliminate s frizz and prevents split ends.
- Speeds up blow-drying times and facilitates smoothing action
- Gives tone and volume
- Protects from heat, humidity and UV rays
- Enhances and protects cosmetic colours
- Leaves hair splendid and brilliant
Use over damp hair comb and style as usual for a smoothing and conditioning action.?Spray over damp hands and apply to hair for an illuminating and softening action.
Nutricare Nutri-One 10 Actions 200ml£18.90 (INC VAT) Nutricare Nutri-One 10 Actions Leave-In is great for all hair types. With Argan Oil, Linen and Milk Proteins, this spray is ideal for dry and frizzy hair and performs 10 restructuring actions.
or 4 payments of £4.73 with ClearpayAdd to cart visibility
Oro Therapy Sun Protection Oil 115ml£11.90 (INC VAT)The Oro Therapy 24k Sun protecting oil ideal for hair with Micro-Active Gold, Keratin and Argan oil. Formulated with a UV filter that helps protect hair from environmental agents sea salt, sun, chlorine, wind and smog.
Spray over dry hair before sun baking to protect from the UV light.
Oro Therapy Sun Protection Oil 115ml£11.90 (INC VAT) The Oro Therapy 24k Sun protecting oil ideal for hair with Micro-Active Gold, Keratin and Argan oil. RRP – $19.95
or 4 payments of £2.98 with ClearpayAdd to waitlist visibility
First up to the rescue, is our Oro Therapy Sun Protection oil which is packed full of hair-loving ingredients, such as micro-active gold, argan oil and keratin. Not only is it formulated with UV protection but also acts as a defence against:
- Environmental agents.
- Sea salt.
Our Nutricare Nutri – One 10 Actions Restructuring Spray Mask is an alternative product that can be used for protection from UV rays on holiday. This deeply nourishing spray makes the hair soft and silky.
Product features & benefits
- Hydration for our bodies and hair is vital while in a hot climate. Our Nutricare Spray Mask effectively hydrates our hair and banishes dry locks.
- Featuring argan oil, milk proteins, and linseed oils it restructures strands immediately.
- Humid environments can lead to frizzy hair. Eliminate any frizz with a spritz of the spray.
- Speed up blow drying times after a day around the pool, leaving your hair full of volume.
View this post on Instagram
Post sun TLC
Being in and out of the pool or sea on holiday can cause your hair to become brittle and dry. Seawater can dehydrate your mane resulting in it becoming unmanageable and knotty. To look after your hair and keep the dehydration at bay, we recommend packing a Nutricare Restructuring Mask in your luggage.
This mask is a holiday holy grail product, and is a must-have for looking after your hair while on vacation. It contains milk protein which increases hydration and elasticity to the hair. Another key ingredient is whey protein this provides nourishment and keeps your locks moisturised. Apply it at the end of a long day in the sun, after shampooing, leave for 5 minutes and then rinse. Your hair will feel and look noticeably different.
Nutricare Restructuring Mask 1.5L£29.90 (INC VAT)Nutricare Restructuring Mask carries out a nourishing and detangling action, making hair particularly soft and easy to comb. Enriched with Milk Proteins, Casein and Whey Proteins, Nutricare mask is concentrated and works hard at restructuring your hair to bring it back to health and shine with a rich milk fragrance. Nutri Care Shampoo benefits:
- Milk Proteins are rich in amino acids and proteins essential for healthy hair
- Milk Proteins increases hydration and elasticity to the hair, carrying restructuring and healing properties
- Casein stimulates the hair follicle growth cycle
- Whey Proteins provide proper nourishment by keeping hair moisturised and hydrated
After shampooing, dab dry excess water and apply evenly from hair roots to ends. Leave for 5 minutes and rinse off. Its Milk fragrance may alter the colour of the product.
Nutricare Restructuring Mask 1.5L£29.90 (INC VAT) Nutricare Restructuring Mask carries out a nourishing and detangling action, making hair particularly soft and easy to comb. Enriched with Milk Proteins, Casein and Whey Proteins, Nutricare mask is concentrated and works hard at restructuring your hair to bring it back to health and shine with a rich milk fragrance.
or 4 payments of £7.48 with ClearpayAdd to cart visibility
Leave in conditioner
On holiday is a great time to change to a leave in conditioner rather than a conventional conditioner. Because leave ins act as a natural barrier between washes and protect strands from exposure to sun and water. Those knots caused by saltwater which we were talking about earlier, can easily be detangled with a leave in conditioner. Our favourite to use while on holiday is the Nutricare Restructuring Leave – In Conditioner as it has a creamier consistency than others which is nourishing for dry hair.
Nutricare Restructuring Leave-in Conditioner 300ml£11.60 (INC VAT)Nutricare Restructuring Leave-In Conditioner is the perfect solution for dry, frizzy and treated hair. Enriched with Milk Proteins and Linseed Oil, it carries out a deeply hydrating, intensely nourishing and restructuring action, without weighing the hair down. It disciplines and controls the hair leaving it weightless, soft, easy to manage and full of shine. Leave-In Conditioner benefits:
- Linseed Oil is abundant in omega-3 fatty acids and promotes healthy hair growth
- Skin revitalising and anti-inflammatory properties of Linseed Oil assist with hair problems created by psoriasis and eczema
After shampooing apply to towel dried hair and style as usual. Do not rinse off
Nutricare Restructuring Leave-in Conditioner 300ml£11.60 (INC VAT) Nutricare Restructuring Leave-In Conditioner is the perfect solution for dry, frizzy and treated hair. Enriched with Milk Proteins and Linseed Oil, it carries out a deep hydrating, intense nourishing and restructuring action, without weighing the hair down. It disciplines and controls the hair leaving it weightless, soft, easy to manage and full of shine.
or 4 payments of £2.90 with ClearpayAdd to cart visibility
Now your hair should be looking beach-ready all holiday with the help of our sun saviours. But if you feel like you need any more advice on how to look after your holiday hair to be sure to drop us a message on Instagram at @FanolaofficalUK, and we will be happy to help. Don’t forget to have a glass of Sangria for us!